Polypropylene Close Coupled Centrifugal Pumps
SHURFLO® close-coupled polypropylene centrifugal pumps produce high flow rates under moderate head conditions.
This centrifugal series is designed for light industrial or commercial water-based applications configured with ODP (open drip-proof) motors. The pumps are made of non-metallic, glass-filled polypropylene construction offering chemical resistance to most acids, alkalis, and inorganic solvents as does the Noryl series. The difference is these pumps are equipped with a carbon ceramic mechanical seal with Buna-N elastomers with the stainless steel components that are not sealed, but still protect the motor or pedestal shaft from chemical exposure. The Polypropylene series cannot handle added inlet booster pressures and is rated for a maximum temperature of 140° F. However, upgraded chemical-resistant, polypropylene-encased seals are available.
Features & Benefits
- Capacities to 110 GPM, Heads to 95 ft
- 1/3 to 3 HP AC (and use 3450 RPM NEMA 56J Frame Motors with Base)
- Single-Phase Motors are Equipped with Thermal Overload Protection
- Discharge can be Rotated in 90-Degree Increments
- All Pumps have 1 1⁄2" Female NPT Inlet and Outlet Ports
- Standard Pump Models (at 3450 RPM) will Handle Specific Gravities to 1.1 (at 100 SSU or less)
- Standard Pump Models (at 3450 RPM) will Handle Viscosity to 100 SSU (at 1.1 Specific Gravity or less) and up to 200 SSU (Specific Gravity of 1.0 or less)