Noryl Close Coupled Centrifugal Pumps
The SHURFLO® close-coupled Noryl® centrifugal pumps produce high flow rates under moderate head conditions.
This centrifugal series is designed for industrial chemical applications configured with TEFC (totally enclosed fan-cooled) motors. The pumps are made of Noryl, which is non-metallic, chemical-resistant to most acids, alkalis, and inorganic solvents. This material is stiffer under pressure and temperature than the Polypropylene series. The Noryl series handles inlet booster pressures to 30 psi and a maximum temperature of 180° F. These pumps are equipped with a unique chemical-resistant carbon ceramic mechanical seal with Viton® elastomer having the stainless steel components sealed in Noryl allowing for a complete non-metallic Noryl wet end. This unique seal guarantees reliability through simplicity and balance of design. Even the motor and pedestal drive shaft is protected by the seal design.
L-4071 Seal Information
Features & Benefits
- Capacities to 110 GPM, Heads to 95 ft
- 1/3 to 3 HP AC (and use 3450 rpm NEMA 56J Frame Motors with Base)
- Single-Phase Motors are Equipped with Thermal Overload Protection
- Discharge can be Rotated in 90-Degree Increments
- All Pumps have 1 1⁄2" Female NPT Inlet and Outlet Ports
- Standard Pump Models (at 3450 RPM) will Handle Specific Gravities to 1.1 (at 100 SSU or less)
- Standard Pump Models (at 3450 RPM) will Handle Viscosity to 100 SSU (at 1.1 Specific Gravity or less) and up to 200 SSU (Specific Gravity of 1.0 or less)